Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Imperfection

I just got back from the doctor, who confirmed that I am experiencing the beginnings of hearing loss. Not enough to justify doing anything about it right now - but enough to explain my difficulties understanding people at restaurants and parties and enough to warrant a follow up exam next year.

I tell you, sometimes I feel like my body is just falling apart. I've worn glasses since I was 2, My feet and joints are becoming stiffer and stiffer each morning, and now this. Now I'm going to actually have to start taking care of my body, Grrr!

On the plus side, this seems like the perfect subject for the inaugural post on this blog - which will chronicle the minutiae of my day to day life with belly-gazing reflections on my imperfect life to date and contemplation (and celebration) of where to go from here.

So, welcome!

Meg

No comments: