Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm still alive

Hi, yes I know I have'nt posted in a while. I don't believe I've mentioned that Mr. Fabulous is a CPA with a tax practice. What that means is that I've been on single parent duty for a while, and will be until April 15. The C.T. is not dealing with daddy withdrawal well, so I've been trying to be extra available to her to make up for it. She' doing better than last year, but is still pretty clingy and irritable.

Her latest trick when she gets mad at me (at least a daily occurance) is to "call" my mother. She will announce that she is going to call my mommy, hold her hand up to her ear like a phone, and say "Hello? [Meg] is not listening!" Then she'll "hang up" and say "I called your mommy, and you're not getting any treats. Hmph!". It takes every ounce of self control I have not to burst into laughter at that point - the most I can do is try to calmly assure her that I'm pretty confident Grandma will be on my side with respect to whatever it is the CT doesn't want to do. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Marin (AntiM) said...

Oh, I think laughing would be a wholly appropriate way to call her bluff. It might make her foot-stomping mad, but foot stomping should only garner more laughter (more or less at her expense). On the other hand, it might make her laugh too.

Either way, situation happified.